killerfemme

A blog of personal reflections, adventures both close to home and far away, political musings and commentary, and thoughts on negotiating life as a twenty-something, queer Mainer transplanted to New York City hoping to write, inspire, teach and change the world.

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

The Face of 27!


The Face of 27!
Originally uploaded by killerfemme
Last year my birthday did not turn out as well as I hoped, and so this year I left nothing to chance. With the help of my friends I planned the "perfect Brooklyn day" on my actual birthday, May 26. This followed Lauren and my 7th annual co-organized birthday party on the 24th, which was a picnic in prospect park. The "perfect Brooklyn day" started with bagels in Emily's backyard in Fort Greene, proceeded to a bike ride to Coney Island via Prospect Park and Ocean Parkway, and ended with tacos at Tacos Matamoros in Sunset Park. Highlights of the day included Andi's bright pink bike helmet; finding Beer Island, which is a vacant lot filled with sand and a beer shack behind the board walk at Coney Island; eating tons of guacamole; finishing the day covered in bike grease and sand. I chronicled it all in a set on flickr (which you can get to by clicking on the title of this photo) and there's an article on Eater about Beer Island where they compare it to Water Taxi Beach here: http://eater.com/archives/2008/05/beach_wars_ther.php
I disagree with them, because I think Beer Island rules in a MTV spring break kind of way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home