killerfemme

A blog of personal reflections, adventures both close to home and far away, political musings and commentary, and thoughts on negotiating life as a twenty-something, queer Mainer transplanted to New York City hoping to write, inspire, teach and change the world.

Saturday, August 30, 2008

A summer week in provence


Roussillon Arch
Originally uploaded by killerfemme
We met my family in Avignon and spent a week exploring Provence. I knew this area has been totally hyped, but I completely understood why. It is stunning- limestone hills, scraggly bushes, vineyards and olive trees everywhere you look. We ate local goat cheese and the famed melons de cavaillion, which were perfectly juicy and sweet. When I saw the quality of the light and the sunsets, as well as the perfect, sunbaked old stones, I could see why plein aire painters went ga ga for this region. My mom and I want to go back and plan a bike trip on back road to lunch in small towns. It's seriously the good life. You can see way more pictures on my flickr stream.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:43 AM, Blogger Andrea V.J. said…

    Wow, it sounds "amazing!"

    That's kind of how I reacted to Paris. I thought, this place has been built up by everyone so much, there is no way it will be as magical as it sounds. I prepared myself for disappointment, and then it was better than I thought it could be. A total dream.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home