killerfemme

A blog of personal reflections, adventures both close to home and far away, political musings and commentary, and thoughts on negotiating life as a twenty-something, queer Mainer transplanted to New York City hoping to write, inspire, teach and change the world.

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Corita at NYCPopfest 2010!


I am sure my 18-year-old-self would be jealous of me right now not because I'm about to hammer in the nail on the coffin of my twenties, but because my post-punk band of my dreams Corita is playing a free show on Saturday afternoon, May 22nd as part of the NYCPopfest. As a teenager I loved indie pop as much as I loved punk and post-punk and wished I was part of a cute, cardigan sweater wearing community. We might leave the cardigans at home on Saturday, but we'll for sure coordinate our outfits and wear the spiffy shoes Corita is becoming known for (I hope we are also becoming known for our good songwriting, but we'll see). We play at 3 p.m. at Spike Hill in Williamsburg, Brooklyn on Saturday May 22nd and its FREE. We're profiled on the NYCPopfest blog here

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home