killerfemme

A blog of personal reflections, adventures both close to home and far away, political musings and commentary, and thoughts on negotiating life as a twenty-something, queer Mainer transplanted to New York City hoping to write, inspire, teach and change the world.

Sunday, June 18, 2006

Fire Island Anthropologists


IMG_2316
Originally uploaded by killerfemme.
O. and I went on a trip to Fire Island this weekend. We sat on the beach and wandered around and felt a little out of place amongst the wealthy teens who seem to be let loose come Saturday night. Despite the fairly chilly evening we still wanted to each ice cream (or gelato in my case), though we winced at the $4 price tag. I also enjoy the patriotic cone wrapping, I often think of the glory of the US when ice cream is melting on my hands. Here's to a lovely summer get away and also to being back in NYC where Italian Ices can be had for $1!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home