killerfemme

A blog of personal reflections, adventures both close to home and far away, political musings and commentary, and thoughts on negotiating life as a twenty-something, queer Mainer transplanted to New York City hoping to write, inspire, teach and change the world.

Sunday, October 08, 2006

Noguchi Fountain


Noguchi Fountain
Originally uploaded by killerfemme.
Last weekend my parents came for a visit and we went to the Noguchi Museum in Long Island City, Queens. This is an awesome little museum tucked in a semi-industrial zone. It's where Noguchi used to work and he planned the garden (I believe...). It's really reflective to be there. This was one of my favorite pieces (my mom's too)... I love how the water forms the thinned skim on the stone and reflects the trees and sky. I like how it combins the hard corners of stone with the deep, calming qualities of running water.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home