killerfemme

A blog of personal reflections, adventures both close to home and far away, political musings and commentary, and thoughts on negotiating life as a twenty-something, queer Mainer transplanted to New York City hoping to write, inspire, teach and change the world.

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Sunset at the Docks


Sunset at the Docks
Originally uploaded by killerfemme.
For Thanksgiving I went home to Maine and while I swore I wouldn't travel again during the holidays, it always feels good to be there. I am always suprised by the silence of the town where my parents live and Portland is always smaller and colder than I remember. It's hard to imagine I spent so much of my adolesnce hanging out there and feeling busy (and now I return to take pictures like this one of typically "Maine" things). But I've found I have a love for brick, cobblestone, wind in pine trees and the smell of salt water, all things which Maine and my many years there gave me. There's a set on flickr, if you click on this photo you can get to it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home