killerfemme

A blog of personal reflections, adventures both close to home and far away, political musings and commentary, and thoughts on negotiating life as a twenty-something, queer Mainer transplanted to New York City hoping to write, inspire, teach and change the world.

Friday, January 12, 2007

Goodbye 11 Spring!


Take It Back
Originally uploaded by killerfemme.
I have finally, finally uploaded my photos from the opening/closing of 11 Spring street, which street artists made famous and then the Wooster Collective made even more famous by bringing together Street and Graffiti artists from all over the world to put up art all throughout the building and then the New York Times made even MORE famous by publishing a story on it, resulting in 3 hour lines. However, the wait was totaly worth it and I think it was one of the most memorable art days of my life. Many thanks to my co-worker S. who emailed me the story originally, insisted that I go and also gave me a crash course in Street Art when I needed to teach some students about the Swoon piece we have up at the Museum. You can see the complete slideshow by clicking on this photo or visiting http://www.flickr.com/photos/killerfemme

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home