killerfemme

A blog of personal reflections, adventures both close to home and far away, political musings and commentary, and thoughts on negotiating life as a twenty-something, queer Mainer transplanted to New York City hoping to write, inspire, teach and change the world.

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Havana Harbor 2004 in a show!

One of the things I have been working on lately is a staff exhibition at my work. It opened (to other staff members and their friends and families) at the end of May. Looking at my co-workers artwork made me realize how long it has been since I have made anything significant artwise. I've been busy working with other people's work through POV, my current job and riffrag. This is fun and satisfying, as I love finding platforms for people to share what they do and make and how art plays a community building (hence why I worked on the staff show), but I also want to make things again. It was really inspiring to see the work that my co-workers make. Some of them identify as artists and others do not, but clearly everyone who works around art so often has some kind of personal connection to it. You can see the full installation shots and individual pieces on my work's flickr page at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/brooklyn_museum.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home