killerfemme

A blog of personal reflections, adventures both close to home and far away, political musings and commentary, and thoughts on negotiating life as a twenty-something, queer Mainer transplanted to New York City hoping to write, inspire, teach and change the world.

Saturday, September 06, 2008

Sarah Palin a Foe to Museums

I know the blogosphere has been all abuzz about Sarah Palin, so I thought I'd through my hat into the ring and share a little bit of my feelings about that vomitous "Caribou Barbie." My friend Wassan, a museum curator, shared this article "Sarah Palin: No Military Experience, But Has Fought Museums" with me from Artinfo about Sarah Palin firing museum and library staff despite a budget surplus. Now, there are very few things that make me more angry than limiting people's access to information via public institutions like museums and libraries. Read up, people, and (while I still remain skeptical about mainstream politics) vote wisely.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home