killerfemme

A blog of personal reflections, adventures both close to home and far away, political musings and commentary, and thoughts on negotiating life as a twenty-something, queer Mainer transplanted to New York City hoping to write, inspire, teach and change the world.

Thursday, October 04, 2007

Lucksmiths: Tali and Marky


Lucksmiths: Tali and Marky
Originally uploaded by killerfemme
Jennifer and I went to see the Lucksmiths at the Knitting Factory last Friday. I wasn't sure what to expect, but I knew it would be a good show. Those boys from Austrailia more than exceeded my expectations. They are a good, solid band who get better with every tour, something I didn't expect. I don't know how they manage to improve on their catchy pop songs, but they manage to ech time I see them. They are also very nice people and remembered hanging out with me when I was 19 and living in Portland, Oregon and we stayed in the same house for a month (that house was just as much mine as theirs, even if I was paying rent). In someways seeing them made me feel like I was 19 and living in the pacific northwest again, but in all the good ways: enthusiasm, energy, creativity. Marky told me I "hadn't changed" since then, but he meant that in a good way too (I hope). Come back soon luckies!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home