killerfemme

A blog of personal reflections, adventures both close to home and far away, political musings and commentary, and thoughts on negotiating life as a twenty-something, queer Mainer transplanted to New York City hoping to write, inspire, teach and change the world.

Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Vivian Girls Review


I had to throw my hat in the indie-rock hype ring that is the Vivian Girls (not the same Vivian Girls that played the riffrag issue #2 launch party a few years ago for those of you who follow that). No, these Vivian Girls (named for outsider-artist Henry Darger's heroines) have been around for a year or so and have already opened for Sonic Youth! While I don't quite see why so much hype, though they are a good band, especially for fans of Black Tambourine and Talulah Gosh, you can read my review of their show at Death By Audio (ok, one of their many shows at Death By Audio) here.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

  • At 12:26 AM, Blogger John said…

    I decided, on a whim, that I would click the next blog that popped up on the "Recently Updated" list and say hello to the owner. So here I am. I'm John. Hello there.


    Best Wishes,
    -John

     
  • At 10:31 AM, Blogger L.N.R. said…

    Thanks John! Hope you liked reading! Come back soon!
    Eleanor

     

Post a Comment

<< Home