killerfemme

A blog of personal reflections, adventures both close to home and far away, political musings and commentary, and thoughts on negotiating life as a twenty-something, queer Mainer transplanted to New York City hoping to write, inspire, teach and change the world.

Sunday, November 04, 2007

LJ reading at ABC No Rio


LJ reading at ABC No Rio
Originally uploaded by killerfemme
Several weeks ago (time is going too fast!) there was a zine reading at ABC No Rio as part of their "Art of Zines" show. It was pretty awesome to hear some old school zinesters like LJ and Elissa Nelson read. I thought about how not only had I started reading their zines about 10 years ago, but how amazing it is that we have become friends. There has been a small amount of zine activity around the city lately (I taught a workshop and attended a reading at Think Coffee the week previous) and I find that so interesting and important. Even though I'm not always sure what the power of zines are in the digital age, I know they have power. Seeing all the zines also motivated me to finally finish a new one. It's going to be about art (big suprise) and especially about art I hate (nothing like a good rant for a zine, right?).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home